CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

facebook..

I use the facebook more frequent up until now..at first I like it for it connects me to my friends all over the world especially my long pen pals..i don’t have to write letters to them anymore..with a single click, I can chat and send them messages and the most important thing, I can get the reply in a day, minutes or even seconds..but, I discovered a new application last 2 days, called Visual bookshelf and I was thinking..the power of sharing that the facebook possesses may facilitate the teaching and learning, whereby, teacher can share the new books that she read to the learners…this will encourage the learners to explore new things on the net and find interesting books that may assist in their learning as well..the visual bookshelf may replace the incumbent programme in school, ‘Projek Nilam’ which is meant to nurture reading habit among young learners..the learners will not only state the books they read, but they can also find books that they intend to read..they can make their own review as well as read others’ review in order to share opinions and choose the books that they find out tempting to read..
The facebook also assists the pupils to have their own network and figure out the people who are in the same network with them..thereby, they may have so many things in common to talk about..it is undeniable that teachers and pupils can easily discuss using this space but for me it just should not replace the classroom for they are totally different because things discussed may be misled..but it is useful in a sense that if pupils cannot see the teacher especially out of school time..

0 comments: